Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Dinner Party Round 3.0


And...Sunday came around.  I somehow found myself at SlamPalace yet again for yet another dinner party.  Poor me! 

I walked into the apartment to find Becca making this amazing chicken and mushroom risotto dish.  So savory and melt in your mouth.  Alyx soon prepared a simple but delicious tomato, basil and mozzarella salad and some asparagus with shallots. 

Alyx's asparagus


Becca's scrumptious risotto!


Inspired by Nina, I brought the mascarpone/honey/pomegranate concotion I had nearly polished off at Lavina's the night before.  Quick and easy - it took me about 5 minutes to prepare.  I actually forgot to bring some honey, but clever us - Nick had a few greek yogurts with honey and he never really uses the honey part, so he generously offered me some to drizzle over my treat. 

Pomegranate Mascarpone Dessert/Appetizer Thing, recipe adapted from Nina
  • 1/2 of a pomegranate, or, if you are lucky, the pre-seeded kind
  • 1 tub of mascarpone (about 3-4 ounces.  I used that purple brand from Whole Foods that is from upstate NY or something)
  • Drizzling of honey or agave nectar
  • Plain baked pita chips
To cut the pomegranate: Cut in half from the top, and then in quarters.  Get a bowl and scoop out the seeds into the bowl.  This can get VERY messy so make sure you aren't wearing your finest whites.

In a small bowl, mix together the mascarpone and some honey (no more than 1 tbsp - but suited to your tastes).  Spread this into a serving dish.  Top with the pomegranates.  Eat with the pita chips (TRUST me this is DELICIOUS).

No comments :