Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Food While Traveling: Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Charleston, SC


Callie's Hot Little Biscuit was my favorite stop on our foodie tour of the city! 

My little sister some how had heard about Callie's (probably on Food Network), and added it to a "must stop". I'm so glad she did! 

CLB is run by Carrie Morey, who opened up this store front in 2014. Her mother had run a successful catering business, including delicious biscuits, and Carrie was inspired to continue the biscuit legend. 


There are seven flavors of biscuits available daily. Clockwise from the top, we have buttermilk, cheese and chive, black pepper bacon, country ham, cinnamon, blackberry, and short cake.


This is the fried chicken biscuit special. In other words, heaven. I would probably convince someone to fly with me to Charleston for the weekend to eat this biscuit again.


And here is the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit special. How I wish I could eat this for breakfast every day, instead of my vanilla oatmeal.


We got a bit over-zealous and ordered six of the biscuits to share. My favorites were the country ham and the cheese and chive biscuits.


Look at this hot little biscuit, oozing with sri racha mayo! I am licking my lips just looking at this beauty.


Callie's Hot Little Biscuit 
476 1/2 King Street
Charleston, SC

http://www.calliesbiscuits.com/

843-737-5159

No reservations are required as this is a cafe. CLB is open Monday - Sunday from 8am - 2pm, and, Friday and Saturday late at night from 10pm-2am. Trust me, you'll want this biscuit at 12:30am as much as you do at 8am.

1 comment :

Avani said...

Loveddd it :)