Monday, March 23, 2015

Dining in New York: Gato


I finally made it to Bobby Flay's newest addition to New York, Gato! 
My sister was visiting and was in the mood for tapas for dinner, and Gato was the first place that came to mind. The menu is split into "bar" and "kitchen" items, and both are served in the main dining room.

Per usual, we ordered way more than we could possibly eat. We started with a few bar items.



{Piquillo with tuna, croquetta, and lamb tenderloin}



{Croqueta}

Brussels sprouts are always tastiest when sauteed in oodles of fat! I don't actually know what these are sauteed in, but my guess is a whole lot of something buttery. Then they were topped with pomegranate and pistachios. 




It's not really tapas unless you have patatas bravas! 





{Kale and wild mushroom paella}


{Oven roasted shrimp}


{Roasted Octopus}

Overall: My favorite dishes were the octopus, the shrimp (spicy!), brussels sprouts, and the patatas bravas. I'm not a person who usually craves tapas, so Gato wouldn't be a restaurant I would visit every week. I did think it was kind of pricey for being "tapas", but I guess that is the price you pay for a celebrity chef! 

Gato
324 Lafayette Street (b/t Bleecker and Houston)
New York, NY 10012 

(212) 334-6400

http://gatonyc.com/

Gato is open for dinner Monday - Thursday from 5:30pm  - 10:30pm, Friday and Saturday from 5:30pm - 11pm and Sunday from 5pm - 10:30pm. You can make reservations on opentable

No comments :