Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy 2015!


Happy New Year!


I will be ringing in my first New Year's Eve in New York. Yes, that's right, my very first! I'm always traveling during this time and have never been in the city to celebrate!

2014 was filled with countless culinary adventures, and I'm excited for new restaurants, chefs, and recipes to test in my home kitchen for 2015.

My New Year's Resolution last year was to learn how to make steak and it was successful endeavor. I experimented with different recipes and cuts of meat, and decided that my favorite recipe is steak au poivre, which I first had at Balthazar. I will post this recipe soon!

During this holiday season, I was miraculously able to maintain a healthy balance between splurgey fun meals and cooking meals at home. I also cut down on my alcohol consumption - so instead of splitting a bottle of wine at dinner, I ordered just one glass, and instead of cocktails at home, I had sparkling water with a lime. Boring? Yes, probably. But I wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to do a morning workout! In the new year, I want to continue to maintain a reasonable balance by learning how to make "can't believe there is no booze in this" non-alcoholic cocktails (preferably without simple syrup!). Stay tuned!

No comments :