Friday, September 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Round 1

I was really craving peanut butter ice cream. Weird, because I usually crave chocolate ice cream.

Chunky peanut butter...Yes, the jiffy kind. Not the "only has peanuts" kind that I always buy from TJ or WF. I figured if I'm blending it with whole milk and heavy cream, then I can also throw in some high-fructose corn syrup to boot. Because, why not?


Blending it up




In goes the heavy cream!


Voila! Super chunky peanut buttery ice cream!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream, courtesy of here
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix the peanut butter and sugar until they are both smooth. Add the milk and blend until the sugar is dissolved.

Stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla extract. Pour into your pre-frozen ice cream canister. I'd recommend letting it freeze for a while in the freezer before you eat it.

Now, this wasn't my favorite recipe. I thought it was too crunchy. Wayy too peanut buttery. I think I just don't like crunchy peanut butter. I should have gone with my instincts and tried the smooth jiffy kind that I love (but never eat anymore).

I did try another peanut butter ice cream recipe of which I will share shortly.

No comments :