Monday, September 8, 2014

Pan Roasted Salmon


I promised another easy to make salmon recipe, but got distracted with summer and not turning my oven on. Now that we are heading into fall, here is another quick recipe that works on fresh reef caught salmon from Lummi Island or farm raised Atlantic salmon. I haven't tried it on frozen salmon before, but if you try that out, let me know how it goes!
Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish. I think because I grew up eating a lot of it, it is also easiest for me to prepare.



Pan Roasted Salmon

Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 1 lb salmon, with skin left on. You can ask the fish monger to cut it into two pieces if you want
  • Butter or coconut oil 
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper 
Add some butter or coconut oil to a skillet, and heat it over medium high heat. 

Rinse the salmon pieces on both sides, and pat very dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.

Once the skillet is heated, add the salmon, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes on the medium-high setting. It will snap, crackle, and pop, and be generally scary sounding, but that noise is normal. 

Flip the salmon over to the flesh side, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook until the fish is opaque, about 3-4 minutes more.

I eat mine with quinoa, leafy greens, or rice. You could also eat it plain with a squeeze of lemon juice! 

No comments :