Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Beecher's Flagship and Ricotta Grilled cheese

My sister is quite the inspirational chef. I came home from my best friend sleepover and she mentioned she had made a grilled cheese sandwich. Naturally, I wanted in on the action too! 

This is another quick recipe you can whip together in under 15 minutes at home!


If you wanted to get really crazy, you could also add bacon and caramelized onions to the sandwich, but I decided to keep it simple.



Food bully Sarika is eating half of my sandwich.


Grilled Cheese, recipe inspired by my baby sister

Serves 1

Ingredients
  • Two slices of bread (I used a multi grain bread from my local grocery store) 
  • 1 ounce of Beecher's Flagship (or any other mild cheddar cheese)
  • 1 ounce of fresh ricotta cheese
  • 1 tomato sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, halved
  • Butter 
Heat a skillet (that has a lid) on medium heat, greasing lightly butter or oil. Spread butter on each side of both slices of bread. Toast the bread on both sides, about 3 minutes for each side. Take the garlic clove and rub over one of the sides for each slice of bread. Smear ricotta on each garlic-rubbed side, and place both slices back on the skillet (cheese side facing up). Top one side with the Beecher's Flagship cheese, then cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid, add the tomato to one side, combine, then cut in half. This delicacy will be oozing all over with perfect, melty cheese. Enjoy!

No comments :