Monday, June 16, 2014

San Francisco

My sister and I decided to make a day trip into San Francisco before our dinner at Saison. We took the CalTrain in from San Jose and had a day time eating extravaganza! 

Our first stop was at the Ferry Building, as we heard it was filled with food. Our tipster told us to go to Acme and have the cheese wheel bread. 

                                 

                 

Next stop, Cowgirl Creamry / Sidekick Cafe for the grilled cheese of the day, which was ricotta.

                 

We also stopped for macarons at Miette, but I probably ate all of them before I could take photos. 

At long last, I was reunited with Kimberly! We went to Waterbar on Embarcadero for drinks and oysters, it was just like we were back in New York!

                     

                                         
                      

The following morning (after our dinner at Saison, which will be written up in another post), Amar took Sarika and I to Blue Bottle Coffee, a San Francisco staple. I ordered a drip coffee but somehow ended up with a latte. No complaints here!

         

I have a long list of other restaurants to try when I come back to visit, including SPQR and State Bird Provisions - I'm sure I will add several more until then! 

No comments :