Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pizza


Remember those cookie cakes from Mrs. Field's cookies?  Okay wait let me back track.  Ohhhh Emmm Geee I love Mrs. Field's cookies.  They were the highlight of any mall visit from age 4-26. With a carton of skim milk.  I loved the chocolate chip ones as a little girl.  Now I love the macademia nut chocolate chip ones.  But THEN...remember the COOKIE CAKES?  With the piped icing on the outside and phrases such as "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations" on them?  I was in LOVE with those cookie cakes.  So when I saw this recipe, I HAD TO TRY IT!



Chocolate Chip Pizza, borrowed from Sweet Serendipity Delicious Desserts & Devilish Dish by Stephen Bruce and Brett Bara

The recipe states it makes two plump 12 inch pizzas, but it made me just one round 10" one
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softended, plus extra for pan
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 12 oz. pkg choc chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla,, then graduatlly add the flour mixture and stir just until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Use whatever nuts.

Spread half of the batter in a buttered 12 inch deep-dish pizza pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Once cool, remove pizza from pan and set aside. Re-butter the pan, fill with remaining half of mixture and bake as above*. Serve each pizza in wedges, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup for a fancy look. Store w/out any topping, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.

*Not sure why my recipe made only one cookie cake, but thats okay. 

Sigh.  This wasn't as good as good old Debbie's recipe, but it was still tasty.  It actually got a bit crispy, and I prefer softer cookies.  I think she must sprinkle magic yummy cookie dust in it.  Maybe I should be a sous chef at Mrs. Field's!

No comments :