Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I'm currently enroute to Antarctica with my fab travel crew, so we will be celebrating 2014 onboard our ship!

In 2013, I was so lucky to eat so many delicious things all over the world! Highlights included: Gjelina in LA; the best lobster roll EVER at burger & lobster in London; charbroiled oysters at Dragos in New Orleans; a quick work trip to Chicago which allowed me to check out Avec; having a Michelin (two) star boozy lunch at Steirereck in Vienna; champagne tasting in Paris; brunches in Seattle with Marya; Estela, Lafayette, Balthazar, Eleven Madison Park, Piora, Luksus, amongst many amazing meals in NYC...not to mention all the home cooked meals, with friends such as Mai and Paul!

In 2014, I want to try the Monday night supper clubs at Louro, visit de Porres and City Grit again (post on de Porres up soon!), check out Mayanoki, and investigate any other similar supper club experiences. This goes without saying, but I'm also excited to revisit current faves (Piora!) and places I love that have been around forever (Caracas, Balthazar).Balthazar has a Cote de Boeuf, I plan on dragging Anoop there with me for a comparison test versus the one we had at Piora. I'm going to have to drag someone with me to Sushi Nakazawa too. Any takers?

I kind of stopped cooking (and, hence, blogging) in the tail end of 2013 because I was always out and about, and most of my meals consisted of random stuff I threw together from my fridge. Since one of my resolutions is to be in bed by 10:30pm at least three times a week (yes. 10:30pm. I know. It will be hard.), I hope that means more time for cooking. The one thing I want to learn how to master in 2014 is grilling a medium rare steak. Will anyone be my guinea pig?

How will you be ringing in your new year? Do you have any resolutions?

No comments :