Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hocus Pocus

Well, it's that time of year again! JELLO SHOTS!!!!!!!! A halloween tradition since 2005.

Since you will likely be getting into some mischief tonight, here is a quick recipe that you can use for your festivities tonight.

When my friend Asmi moved to LA, she donated her liquor stash to me. I found triple sec and a blackberry flavored liquor, so I decided to use those.







{Double, double, toil and trouble}


{Pop in the fridge}


{They're ready!}

These are quick to make, but you need about 3 hours to let the jello shots chill.

JELLO SHOTS!

Makes about 20 shots

Ingredients

  • 1 package of Jello (This will make you about 20 shots. I made 2 different packages - orange and black cherry, so I ended up with 40 shots)
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 cup tequila
  • 1/2 cup triple sec
Special Materials
  • I purchased cute, colorful plastic cups at party city. Dixie cups will also do. 
Arrange your shot glasses on a baking tray.

Boil 1 cup of water. Place the jello powder into a medium sized mixing bowl. Once the water is ready, pour it into your jello powder and stir for about 2 minutes, until everything is mixed. 

Add your booze, stirring to make sure everything incorporates. You could use vodka or other types of booze, I just picked tequila for fun. 

Pour this jello mixture into your shot glasses. I transfered my mix into a pyrex glass for easy pouring. Stick in your refrigerator for about 3 hours, and then go get Halloweened up (glitter, feathers, body paint, fishnet stockings, etc etc). 

If you end up leaving your shots in the fridge for longer than 3 hours, I'd suggest taking your shots out about 30 minutes before you plan on consuming them, they might be too firm. 

Spooooky! 

No comments :