Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Delicata Squash and Mushrooms

I had about 300 pounds of squash to use (from my CSA). The only squash I've really cooked with is butternut squash, so I wanted to find an easy recipe for my delicata squash.  In doing a quick search on my Epicurious app, I found a recipe that seemed both yummy and easy to whip together.


{Delicata Squash}
This dish was pretty healthy and quick to make.  I served it alongside quinoa with dates and butternut squash soup.


Delicata Squash with Mushrooms, recipe adapted from here

Serves 2-3

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped chives
  • salt to taste
  • 1 delicata squash, halved, seeded and cut crosswise (you don't have to peel delicata squash)
  • 1 lb. mushrooms (you can do a mix, I just did crimini)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, chives, and salt.  In a larger bowl, mix together the mushrooms and squash.  Drizzle the chives and olive oil mixture over the mushrooms and squash.  Place onto a baking sheet (I lined mine with my silpat, you could probably use aluminum foil).  Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes.  

I had leftovers, which I reheated in the oven.  This time, I tossed the squash with more olive oil and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  I bet tossing it with balsamic vinegar would work as well!

I wasn't overly in love with this dish (probably because it wasn't doused in cheese), but, it was a fast way to mix up my normal veggie intake! 

No comments :